Table of Contents
Another day dawns in Warzone 2.0, and with it comes yet another frustrating error. Since its release, Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 has been plagued with bugs and glitches that can ruin your gaming experience, especially when it comes to voice chat. If you find yourself facing the dreaded “COD Warzone 2.0 Voice Chat not working” error, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
How To Fix Voice Chat Issues In Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0?
After the chaos caused by the ‘A Player that your platform denies’ error, another bug has emerged, affecting teammates and friends. Whether you’re playing on PC, Xbox, or PS4/PS5, there’s a chance you’re experiencing this issue.
However, the problem is often related to your system rather than the game itself. Many people have managed to solve the voice chat problem in Warzone 2.0 by using a few troubleshooting methods. So, if you’re unable to communicate with your friends and are frustrated by this annoying bug, you’re in luck – we’ve compiled some of the best troubleshooting methods below!
Set Your Default Sound Input Device
Image Credit: eXputer
Begin by setting up your sound input device on your PC before attempting anything else. This simple fix has solved the voice chat not working problem in Warzone 2.0 for many gamers. It’s possible that your PC has a different microphone input set in the sound settings, preventing your preferred headphones from detecting your voice. Follow these steps in order to fix this issue:
- Right-click the Speakers icon at the bottom right corner of your taskbar.
- From the options, choose “Open Sound settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Input” option in the Sound Settings window.
- Open the drop-down menu under “Choose the input device” and select your current microphone.
Once you have set up your preferred microphone device through the Sound Settings on your PC, you need to choose the same device on your Battle.net launcher to avoid conflicts between the game and the system.
- Run Battle.net on your PC.
- From your games bar, select “Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Warzone 2.0.”
- Press the Settings (gear icon) next to the play button and choose “Game Settings.”
- In the settings, click on “Voice Chat” from the list of options on the left side of the window.
- Under the Microphone sub-tab, select the same input device you chose in the Windows Sound Settings.
- Click “Done” and save your changes.
Before launching the game, you can easily check your microphone settings on Battle.net. Go to the microphone option, where you’ll find a “Test Microphone” button. Click it and speak into your microphone to see if your PC and Battle.net are picking up your voice.
If you’re unable to hear yourself during this test, there may be another issue at play. Your headset’s microphone could be broken or malfunctioning, or the microphone port on your PC might be damaged. To troubleshoot, try unplugging and plugging your headset back in or testing a different microphone on your computer.
On a positive note, if you can hear your voice during the test, your voice chat is working properly. Feel free to run the game and test it out while exploring Al Mazrah.
Allow Access To The Microphone
Screenshot by eXputer
We’ve discovered that many players have fixed their voice chat issues by allowing Warzone 2.0 access to the microphone. This troubleshooting method has proven effective for other games as well. Occasionally, your PC may not grant microphone access to a specific game, causing voice chat problems. To ensure a smooth voice chat experience in Warzone 2.0, it’s important to ensure all the settings are correct. Here’s how you can allow access to the microphone for Warzone 2.0 on your PC, as well as brief guides for PS4/PS5 and Xbox users.
Follow these simple steps to allow Warzone 2.0 access to the microphone on your PC:
- Right-click on the Speaker icon on the right side of the Taskbar to access Sound Settings on your PC.
- In the Sound Settings window, under “Related Settings,” click on “Microphone Privacy Settings.”
- Make sure that “Allow apps to access your microphone” is turned on.
If it was turned off, that’s likely the reason your voice chat wasn’t working in Warzone 2.0. If it’s already turned on, there are a few more steps you should take before testing the microphone in the game.
- Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Choose the “Hardware and Sound” option and then select “Sound.”
- Go to the Recording tab and right-click on the microphone you are currently using.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Properties.”
- Another window will open; go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Make sure that “Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive mode application priority” are turned on.
- Apply the changes and click “Ok” to close the properties.
If your microphone is not being recognized by your PlayStation, follow this quick guide to set up your audio input for Warzone 2.0.
- Turn on the PS4.
- Ensure that your headset microphone’s exterior button is unmuted before plugging it into the controller.
- Go to the Settings menu by pressing the Up button on the D-pad and then sliding all the way to the right.
- In the Settings menu, choose “Devices.”
- Click on “Audio Devices” and then select “Input Device.”
- Choose the headset that you plugged into your controller from the list of options.
- From the home screen of your PS5, click on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Press ‘X’ on the “Sounds” option in the Settings menu.
- Choose “Microphone” and then click on “Input Device.”
- Finally, select the headset that you plugged into the controller.
Completing these steps on your PS4/PS5 should fix your voice chat in COD Warzone 2.0.
Here’s a simple guide on setting up your audio input for Warzone 2.0 if your Xbox doesn’t detect your microphone.
- Start up your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the quick menu.
- From the list of options at the bottom, choose “Audio and Music.”
- Make sure the first option, “Headset Mic,” is turned on.
- Save your changes and enter Warzone 2.0 to check if the voice chat is working again.
Turn Off Push To Talk
Image Credit: eXputer
Another common reason for voice chat problems in Warzone 2.0 is having Push to Talk enabled. Your microphone may be functioning correctly, but if you haven’t assigned a button for push to talk, you might mistakenly think that the voice chat is glitching. So, before jumping to conclusions, it’s crucial to turn off Push to Talk in Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. This will allow you to properly check your microphone in-game.
If you haven’t adjusted your audio settings in Warzone 2.0, make sure to do so while turning off “Push To Talk.”
To turn off “Push to talk” in COD Warzone 2.0:
- Launch Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 on your PC, PS4/PS5, or Xbox.
- Go to the in-game Settings by pressing the gear icon on the top right side of the screen.
- Choose the “Audio” option from the left side, represented by a speaker icon.
- Scroll down to “Voice Chat” and click the drop-down menu next to “Voice Chat Recording Mode.”
- Choose “Open Mic” from the options and apply the changes.
After completing these steps, load up a game of Warzone 2.0 to see if the issue has been resolved.
Fortunately, we’ve scoured forums and subreddits to find some of the best possible fixes for the voice chat error in Warzone 2.0. By trying out these methods, you can potentially solve the bug and start enjoying the game’s voice chat features. And speaking of enjoying the game, before you drop into the massive map of Al Mazrah, make sure you have applied the best controller settings and equipped the best weapons in your loadouts for COD Warzone 2.0.
For more helpful guides and error fixes for Call of Duty Warzone 2.0, stick around at eXputer. With NokiaMA Headset Design, we’re committed to providing you with the best gaming experience possible. Explore the world of Warzone 2.0 and unleash your gaming potential!