Table of Contents
You are looking to connect your Oculus Quest to a phone but the Oculus Quest 2 is not pairing to your phone? Well, it happens sometimes, but the issue is easily fixable.
Using your mobile device to control your VR headset is a simple and easy way of managing things. But if the two devices won’t talk to one another, then you might find yourself in a bit of a pickle. Especially if you want to use your phone to cast your Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset To Samsung TV.
And not the good kind of pickle that tastes great in a sandwich. The bad kind of pickle, which means you can’t use your Quest 2 as you wish to.
Luckily, we are on hand to provide you with all the information you need to overcome this troublesome issue. And soon, the only pickle you’ll be worrying about is the one that’s in your fridge.
How To Fix Oculus Quest 2 Not Pairing To Phone
If you find that your Quest 2 isn’t pairing with your phone, the approach you need to take will differ slightly, depending on whether this is happening during the initial setup of your device, or if your headset was already set up, but is no longer visible to your mobile app.
Let’s look at each of these in turn.
Not pairing during setup
If you are trying to set up your new headset and are struggling to pair your Quest 2 to your mobile, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Oculus mobile app on a compatible mobile device. In order to successfully run the mobile app, you need Apple iOS 10 or above, or Android 5.0 or above.
- Once you have opened the Oculus app, continue the setup process. This involves the following steps:
- Sign in
- Set up a VR profile
- Choose your preferences and privacy settings
- Create a Meta Store PIN
- Add your payment information
- After completing these steps, use your app to find and select your headset. This will then pair your headset with the mobile app.
But what happens if you’ve been merrily playing your Quest 2, and all of a sudden, the connection has disappeared? We’ll cover that next.
Read More: Oculus Quest 2 Bluetooth Headphones: How To Connect Headphones To Oculus Quest 2
If your Quest 2 has suddenly stopped pairing with your phone
In this scenario, you’ve already set up your headset. Now, for reasons unknown, the headset is no longer being spotted by the Oculus app. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Make sure your headset is switched on, and close to your mobile device.
- Check your WiFi signal. If the signal isn’t very good, this could be a factor. So try moving closer to your router to improve the signal.
- Check to see whether your Oculus mobile app needs to be updated. If it does, update the app, restart your mobile device, and try connecting once again to your Quest 2 headset.
- Also, ensure that the code you have entered to pair your devices is correct.
If you’ve tried all these steps, but you are still having difficulty connecting your Quest 2 to your mobile device, then it’s probably time to contact the support team for further advice and assistance.
Read More: Oculus Quest Unknown Sources: How To Allow Content From Unknown Sources
Oculus Pairing Code Not Showing Up
You can pair your Oculus headset with only one phone (yeah, it’s stupid!). If the Oculus pairing code is not showing up for you, it is likely that the set-up has already progressed past the pairing phase, possibly on another phone.
In this case, you need to factory reset your Oculus Quest 2 to enter this pairing screen (where the PIN will be shown) again. If you have any issues, please contact Meta.