Table of Contents
Logitech makes good-quality headsets, keyboards, and mouse devices. Gamers and PC users like the Logitech G935 wireless headset. This isn’t very easy when the Logitech G935 wireless headset stops working. This is not a problem that cannot be fixed. The guide below explains how to troubleshoot the Logitech G935 mic not working on a PC.
Reasons for Logitech G935 Wireless Mic not Working.
The following reasons explain why the Logitech G935 mic may not work on Windows PCs.
- No access to the microphone
- Logitech G935 is not set to default mic
- Microphone is disabled
- Missing or outdated audio driver
- Hardware issues
Now that we know what might cause the problem. Let’s learn how to fix the Logitech mic not working and update the driver using the Advanced Driver Updater, the automatic way to update drivers.
Get Advanced Driver Updater
Best Ways To Fix Logitech G935 Mic Not Working Issue
Method 1: Check the Headset for Hardware issues
Sometimes when the headset hardware or the USB port is corrupt, you might face issues like the Logitech G935 mic not working. To fix it, follow the steps below:
- Try connecting the headset to an alternate port.
- If this doesn’t help, try using another PC to connect the headset.
- If this helps, you know the problem is with the PC, not the headset.
Method 2: Grant Microphone Access
To access the microphone, Windows need specific permissions. When they are disabled, the Logitech G935 wireless mic stops working. Below we give instructions to grant permissions:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Double-click the Privacy option from the menu on your screen.
- Double-click Microphone from app permissions.
- Adjust the slider to under Allow access to the microphone on this device and Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Now use the Logitech G935 headset and see whether the mic is working.
Also Read- How to Download the Logitech M510 Mouse Driver
Method 3: Set the microphone as the default
When the Logitech G935 mic is not set to default, you might face the mic not working issue. Hence, to get it working, you need to set it as default to get it working. To learn how to do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type the Control panel and press the Enter key.
- Double-click the Sound option.
- Click the Recording tab > right-click the space inside the Sound window > select Show Disabled Devices.
- Right-click the Headset Microphone > Enable.
- Once enabled right-click > Set as default option.
- After that, right-click on the microphone > select the Properties option.
- Set the volume to the maximum level > click Ok.
- Check if the issue is fixed with the Logitech G935 gaming headset mic or not.
Method 4: Update the faulty audio driver (Recommended)
The most common reason behind the mic not working on Logitech G935 is outdated drivers. Therefore, to fix the issue, updating the driver is suggested. The best way to update drivers is to use Advanced Driver Updater. The program only takes a few seconds to update drivers. Also, it allows scheduling driver scanning, taking backups of old drivers, and excluding incompatible drivers.
The following are the instructions to download and use Advanced Driver Updater.
The driver update lists all outdated drivers on the screen of the product. You can use the Update All button and update drivers to update them. However, if you are re-directed to the purchase page, you use the trial version. Remember to use it; you can update a single driver at a time.
To use it, follow these steps:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Launch the tool and click Start Scan Now to run the scan for outdated drivers.
- Examine the scan results and update the audio driver.
- Restart the PC to apply changes.
- Now use the Logitech G935 headset; the mic should be working.
Method 5: Update Windows
Updating the operating system helps fix different issues, including the Logitech G935 mic not working. To update it, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings.
- Double click Update & Security.
- Click, Check for updates > if an update is available, you will get the option to Download and Install updates. Click on it to proceed.
- Restart the PC to apply changes.
Method 6: Run the Sound troubleshooter
You can use the built-in Troubleshoot sound problems option to fix the audio issue. To use it and resolve the Logitech G935 gaming headset mic not working, follow these steps.
- In the system tray, look for the sound icon.
- Right-click on it and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Follow the instructions to troubleshoot the issue. Now try to use the headset; it should help.
Must Read- How to Fix Logitech Mouse M310 Driver Errors
Method 7 – Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
When there is a conflict between your PC and the Logitech Gaming Software, you face the gaming headset mic not working issue. To resolve it, reinstall the Logitech G935 software.
- Press the Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Look for Logitech Gaming Software > Uninstall it.
- Now, reinstall the latest version of Logitech G935 software from Logitech’s support website.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Now try and use the headset. It should be working fine.
Method 8: Run the Audio Troubleshooter
If nothing has worked, you can try running the built-in audio troubleshooter. To use it, follow these steps:
- In the Windows search bar, type audio troubleshooter.
- Select Find and fix problems with playing sound from the search results
- Click Next to follow the instructions and troubleshoot the issue.
Logitech G935 Mic Not Working – Resolved
Above, we have shared the workable fixes to troubleshoot the G935 gaming headset mic not working. You can try them one by one to fix the issue. If this doesn’t, which is unlikely, you can try switching the batteries and see if it helps.
However, the mic issue will most likely be fixed after updating the drivers. The best way to update is to use Advanced Driver Updater. We hope you find the post interesting and helpful. Please share your thoughts in the section below.
Logitech MX Master 2s Wireless Mouse Not Working – How to Fix it?How to Reinstall and Update Logitech G Pro Headset Driver? (2022 Edition)How to Download Logitech G Pro X Superlight Wireless Gaming Mouse DriversHow To Update Logitech G Pro Keyboard Driver