Table of Contents
In brief, press and hold the Game and Dolby buttons simultaneously to reset the Astro A50 headset. Do this for 15 seconds and wait for your headphones to reboot automatically.
The Astro A50 is a premium gaming headset featuring thick comfortable earpads, an adjustable design, an excellent battery life, and a slew of other features.
The first generation of Astro A50 was first released sometime in 2013 by Astro Gaming, Inc. The company released quite a few more headsets adding to their product line including Astro A50 (gen 4) as the latest.
Astro Gaming, Inc owns the patent for a headset with noise plates that functions to eliminate noise.
You’d be happy to know Astro A50 headsets are compatible with Playstation, Xbox, PC/Mac, and Nintendo Switch. So, you should also know how to reset this magnificent device to maximize your gaming experience.
If you’re ready, let’s find out!
How to do a hard reset on Astro A50?
Follow these steps to hard reset the Astro A50:
How do I fix my Astro A50 without sound?
Here are ways to fix Astro A50 without sound:
- Check the volume.
- Make sure the headset is configured.
- Update the sound card driver.
- Disable audio enhancement.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
Yes, factory resetting your Astro A50 will delete everything such as the previous setting configuration.
Therefore, you should be responsible for paying the expense of factory resetting the A50 headphones. Still, it’s going to be worth it as minor issues on the device can be resolved.
As a result, you may not need to buy a new pair of A50 if your device’s issue got solved after the factory reset.
What to do if your Astro A50 won’t turn on?
If your Astro A50 doesn’t turn on, check if it has been charged.
If it is charged and it stopped working suddenly, it could be a faulty battery. And if the headset dies faster, it could also be a faulty battery.
You can call customer support for tech advice.
Why is my Astro A50 headset not responding?
Some of the possible causes of why the Astro A50 headset isn’t responding are:
- battery issue
- broken frame
- broken microphone
- blown speaker
- broken transmitter/radio
Still, the A50 headset can be fixed depending on the severity of the damage. However, in some cases, it might be practical to purchase a new headset for replacement.
How long does the Astro A50 headset last?
The Astro A50 headset has a battery life of 12 to 15 hours depending on the model that you have.
It comes with battery saving features that put the headset to sleep after not moving for about half an hour. As long as you move your head every few minutes, that’s not going to be an issue. This is a useful feature especially when you forgot to turn off the headset.
Do I need to update my Astro A50?
Yes, you should update the Astro A50 from time to time to improve the performance of the device.
Here’s how to update your Astro A50:
- Go to the website.
- Open the ASTRO command on your computer.
- Use a USB power cable to connect your Base Station to the computer.
- Follow the prompt on the screen.
- Download the firmware update.
- Press and hold the Game and Dolby buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds to reset your A50 headphones.
- Factory resetting your Astro A50 can get rid of some of its minor issues.
- The battery life of Astro A50 is between 12 to 15 hours depending on the model.
- Always check the charge of your A50 headset to prevent battery issues.
- Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector (Here’s How to Fix It)
- How To Fix Netflix Crashing (Easy Fix)
- Why Are My AirPods So Quiet? (An In-Depth Look)
Click here to view the Visual Story Version of this Article.