Table of Contents
The Turtle Beach headphones provide excellent audio quality when used with a laptop or computer. However, many users are unaware of connecting these headphones to their PC.
We have compiled a comprehensive guide for you on connecting Turtle Beach headphones to your PC, setting up the audio device, and fixing the Turtle Beach mic not working on your computer.
Connecting Turtle Beach Headphones to a PC
If you are wondering how to connect Turtle Beach headphones to your PC, our 2 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much trouble.
Method #1: Using an Xbox Wireless Adapter
It is possible to connect your Turtle Beach headphones to your computer using the Xbox Wireless Adaptor with these steps.
- Connect the Xbox wireless adapter to a USB port on your PC.
- Press and hold the power button on your Turtle Beach headphone to turn it on.
- Press the “Enroll” button on the Xbox wireless adapter until you see the LED light flashing.
- Press and hold the “Connect” button on the headphone until the LED light starts flashing rapidly.
- When the LED indicators on both the adapter and the headphones stabilize, it will indicate that both devices are successfully paired.
Method #2: Connecting Without a Wireless Adapter
If you have a built-in Xbox wireless feature on your computer, you can connect the Turtle Beach headphone to it without an adapter using these steps.
- Open Settings on your PC and click “Devices”.
- Choose “Connected Devices”.
- Click the “Add a Device” option.
- Press and hold the “Connect” button at the bottom of the left earcup on the headphone until the LED light blinks rapidly.
- Windows will find and add the headphone to your PC.
Setting Up Turtle Beach Headphones on Your PC
When your Turtle Beach headphones are successfully connected to your PC, set them up in the following way.
- Click the search icon on your PC and type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Click “Control Panel”.
- Click “Hardware and Sound”.
- Select the “Manage Audio Devices” option under the “Sound” tab.
- From the “Playback” tab, click your headset and select the “Set Default” button at the bottom.
- Your Turtle Beach headphone is now ready to be used on your PC.
Fixing Turtle Beach Mic Not Working on a PC
If your Turtle Beach headphone mic is not working on your PC, try our 4 step-by-step methods to fix the problem.
Method #1: Enabling the Mic for Recording
To fix the Turtle Beach mic, enable the mic for recording on your PC with these steps.
- Right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and click “Sounds”.
- Select the “Recording” tab from the top and find your headphones. If you can’t find your headphones under the “Recording” section, right-click the empty space and choose “Show Disabled Devices”.
- Right-click your headphones and click “Enable”.
- Click “Apply” at the bottom and select “OK” to proceed.
- Check your headphones’ mic and see if it’s working on your PC.
Method #2: Setting Your Headphones as an Input Device
You can set your Turtle Beach headphones as a default input drive on your computer to make its mic work again.
- From the taskbar,right-click the speaker icon.
- Choose “Open Sound settings”.
- Under the “Input” section, select your Turtle Beach headphones.
Method #3: Updating the Drivers
Another way to fix Turtle Beach headphones is to update the audio input and output drivers in the following way.
- Press Win + X on your PC and select “Device Manager” from the pop-up menu.
- Expand “Audio inputs and outputs”.
- Right-click the headphones and select “Update driver”.
- Follow the prompts and wait until the update process completes.
Method #4: Re-Enabling the Headphone Mic
To fix the Turtle Beach mic on your PC, try re-enabling it via the Device Manager using these steps.
- Press Win + R on your PC to open the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc next to “Open” and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Right-click your headphones under the “Audio inputs and outputs” section.
- Select “Disable Device”.
- Right-click the headphones after a while and choose “Enable device”.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to connect the Turtle Beach headphones to your PC and set up the audio device on your laptop. We have also explored some fixes you can try when the Turtle Beach mic is not working on your PC.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now enjoy an undisturbed audio experience on your laptop.